American Heritage Independence Debit Card
American Heritage Independence Debit Card is the ultimate convenience: Use it to draw funds from your checking account for purchases, online or at an ATM machine. The American Heritage Independence Debit Card works 24/7 at any merchant that accepts MasterCard.
Independence Debit Card Checking Account Access
- No need for a checkbook– simply use your card for an immediate transaction
- Receive a receipt, just as you would with any credit card transaction
- Each transaction will appear on your American Heritage monthly checking account statement.
- Earn ScoreCard Rewards when you make transactions!
Independence Debit Card ATM Access
- Use at over 30,000 Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) worldwide
- Unlimited withdrawals with no transaction fee at any American Heritage ATM
- Unlimited deposits in PA, NJ, DE, and MD
- Make transfers, get balance inquiries, and make up to 10 withdrawals per month for free at any non-AMHFCU credit union ATM.
Choosing Debit vs. Credit
- Choose “Debit” to withdraw cash or to pay for items from your American Heritage account. You will need to enter your Personal Identification number (PIN) to complete the transaction. Debit transactions are limited to $500 per day.
- Choose “Credit” and the transactions are completed through MasterCard Network and require your signature. Credit transactions are limited only by the amount of funds available in your checking account.
Protect your Transactions!
EMV Chip Card - All our Independence Debit cards are installed with the latest in debit card secure technology.
To learn more about our EMV Chip Cards: Click here
MasterCard SecureCode is a FREE service to protect your online transactions. No software download or new card is required – just sign up with MasterCard SecureCode and you automatically benefit from extra authentication procedures that guard against online fraud.
To learn more about how MasterCard SecureCode works: Click here
Falcon Fraud Protection
American Heritage is committed to ensuring the safety of your financial information. American Heritage has a Falcon Fraud Protection system that automatically analyzes all debit and credit card transactions.
If any activity occurs that is unusual or suspicious in your account, Falcon Fraud may detect it and you will receive a phone call to confirm if the transaction is legitimate or fraudulent. You may contact Falcon directly: (800) 890-5097 .
If you at any time receive a message by phone or email that identifies itself as a fraud protection company and the company’s phone number does not match (800) 890-5097 , this could be a scam - contact American Heritage immediately!
Falcon Fraud Protection is one more way that American Heritage protects you against fraud and identity theft.
MasterCard SecureCode is an online security service to protect you against unauthorized use of your MasterCard while shopping online at participating merchants. With MasterCard SecureCode, there’s no need for a new card, no software to download, no cost and no hassles – just added security. Once enrolled in this service, you’ll have added confidence knowing that MasterCard SecureCode performs an extra authorization step to protect your account from unauthorized users online.
How It Works
- Register your MasterCard credit or debit card for your personal SecureCode.
- Shop at participating merchants and pay with your enrolled MasterCard card.
- Click “Submit” to complete your order, like you would normally do.
- The MasterCard SecureCode box will automatically open on the merchant order form, asking for your SecureCode – just like using a PIN at the ATM.
- Enter your unique SecureCode. Within seconds, your identity is confirmed and your purchase is complete. This communication is between you and your card issuer and your information is never shared with the merchant.
How Do I Register
To register, have your MasterCard credit or debit card handy so you can create your personal SecureCode and be ready to start shopping online at participating merchants.
What if I forget my SecureCode and am unable to log in?
In you’re forgotten your SecureCode, don’t worry – you can re-enroll quickly and Reset your SecureCode